Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Who would have thunk it?

You know a little more than a month ago, not even I would have...

I'll start with Friday. "Sissypants" and I did some running around. First we went to Wal-Mart. I know they are evil, but where else can you go these days? Anyway we did some shopping. I bought a new ball glove for myself and one for her son. Her son is a lefty, and luckily we stumbled across a glove that wasn't too bad or too expensive. Also bought a couple new balls because you can never have enough balls. Wait, what did I just say? We also grabbed some snacks because they are cheaper there than the grub store. From Wally World we went to the grub store and grab supplies for the picnic. Before leaving the area there was a local car lot set up at Wal Mart so we looked around. Found a 1995 four door blazer for $4995. It was nice, but was on hold.

Saturday was the day. I woke up with a case of the jitters. I spoke w/ sissypants earlier in the am. She told me that I needed to get my nerves in check, which was true. So after I got around and what not I settled down some. I left the house a little early to go down and talk business about that blazer. Didn't get anywhere with it but I did manage to get a free bottle of water. So with lots of time to spare I went to my friends house. His family was coming along. Well I get there and everyone is upstairs. I'm walking through the kitchen and notice a cake his wife made. On it she wrote "First annual picnic of the crew". I thought that was great, and it made me grin from ear to ear. Well everyone comes down and we are hanging out for a bit. Shooting the breeze about this and that. Then the time arrives for a "smoke break". I however did not partake. I told sissypants I would behave myself the first time I met her kids. I would have felt bad if I was all high when I first met them. After a little while 2pm comes and sissypants and her two kiddies arrive. She also has her son's one friend with him. What a odd kid he turned out to be. Well sissypants walks me over and introduces me and that was that. The ice had been broken after all this time. Pain free.

I follow sissypants up to the picnic spot while my buddy and his family did some quick running. We made a stop at the dollar store for some aluminum foil. After that we get to the park. There is a little league game going on. I love it up there. There's 3 ball fields, a nice batting cage, pavilions w/ grills, a creek, and stuff for the kiddies like swings and such. We found a spot at the one pavilion. When we got there sissypants daughter's dad was there. Apparently he thought it would be a good idea to spend time with his daughter the week after fathers day. I tell you, I don't understand why any dad would want anything other than spending time with their kid on fathers day. However, if I understood everyone and everything I'm sure I'd be living a different life. Well after about 15 min my buddy and his crew show up. We get everything unloaded and pretty well ready to roll. His three kids and sissypants daughter are all close enough in age to do things. Her son and his buddy were doing there thing for awhile. So we are just sitting around shooting the breeze for a bit. Then we start making lunch, which the main course was hot dogs. So you know my sissypants is out there grilling in the heat of the sun looking like a sexy mama. Get a bunch grilled up and then I hear the famous words "John, where are the buns?" Of course the answer was at home...so I got to go down to the local store and buy some over priced buns. By the time I got back the little kids were already chowing down and now it was time for the rest of us. Highlights of the meal for me were the baked mac & cheese sissypants made and the cake my buddy's wife made.

After lunch we broke out the ball gloves. At least us old timers did. After we worked out the cob webs some I asked Drew if he wanted to join. He did, so we formed a triangle. It went well. I did manage to take one off the shin. Other than that everything stayed together well. After a little while, everyone went down to the small creek to cool off. My buddy and I stayed behind and shot the breeze. Once everyone returned I decided to grab the bat and take some swings. If there's one part about baseball I can't get enough of it's hitting. So I toss it up and give it a wack. My friends son was into. He went with me to get the ball. So I then decide to go onto the field and take some a few swings. I ended up taking two. The first ball cleared the pavilion we were sitting at and the second went into the pavilion. I'm glad no one got it because it would have been bad...

We packed up shop around 6pm and headed to my friends house where we hung out till about 11pm. I had a couple beers and they were good on such a hot day. We had dinner which was the left overs from the picnic. There was some good baby activity right before dinner. I got to feel some good shots. Something very awkward happened after eating. I was rubbing sissypants foot and her daughter says: "Hey, stop that she already has a husband." You see sissypants didn't fill her in but she did her son because he's older. So what choice did I have but to stop. I tell you it felt like someone hit me right in the gut and took my breath away. I'm certain sissypants saw that instantly and said "I guess I need to have that talk with her now". So, they went inside for a little while and then sissypants called me into the house. Her daughter apologized, which was on her own doing. I could tell the girl was sad and felt bad. I told her it was ok because she didn't know. After that happened her daughter was all about hanging around us. As for her son, things went real well. We shot the shit a lot about gaming. I'd give the whole day a 9 out of 10. I only give it a 9 due to the heat. It was terrible.

Sunday brought some reports from the mothership. She said I did "good". She said that her son asked if I was like that all the time. The daughter didn't mention a whole lot. I know one thing, I felt like I had one long day the day before. I can remember handling summer days with no problems, but I was beat. I didn't get out of bed till about 11am. Once I did get up it was laundry time. I took down the beautiful gift I was given last Sunday to show to my folks. My mom really liked it and my dad, well he doesn't pay much attention to that stuff. I did manage to break the dryer. Actually the belt just broke so my dad and I tore it apart. I didn't do a whole lot the rest of the day. The ex called and asked me if I wanted to watch the dog for 2 weeks. Of course I would, I miss the dog. She's such a good girl. My friend "G" asked me what I was getting paid...seeing the dog is enough.

Monday was a odd day for me. I had some weird dreams that led me to being sad. I guess you could say I had a sissypants day. First thing I did was take my cloths down to the laundry mat to dry them. Then I paid a couple bills. I stopped by and picked the dog up. She's gain a lot of weight since I've been gone. She also needed brushing. She missed me. After I grabbed her I stopped by the appliance shop and grabbed a new belt and dropped it off. Then I went down and grabbed my cloths and off to home we went. Once we got home it was clear the cat wasn't exactly thrilled to see the dog. I imagine he'll come around in a day or two. Other than that, there was no problems with the dog. Behaved well, drank and ate fine. She even snuggled and remembered all the shit we use to do before bed time. Like wrestle! Well after trying to take a nap I woke up with another sad feeling. I was missing my sissypants and big footed baby boy a great deal. It was overwhelming. I just wanted to be with them. However, it was time to head back to my folks to help put the dryer back together. It only took about 10 minutes and then I was off back to home.

I spoke to sissypants a great deal about how I was feeling and she said she feels like that all the time. She had a eventful day Monday as well. For starters she started the ball rolling on officially ending the marriage. They got together to talk out details. He asked her to let him know what the test results were from the baby. I just want to smack that fucker. I guess sissypants said him and his brother were starting some shit. Not while she was there, but with other people. You know, running their traps. Anyway, I'm glad she's getting the gears turning. She said she doesn't foresee a problem with agree on terms. We'll see what happens though. I have too much in my history banks to give that guy any benefit. She's feeling good about how things are going now and I must agree. Oh she also has to get her Chevelle out of there, so I offered my garage space for how ever much longer I may have that. She also told me some not so good news about her uncle. Apparently it has been learned that his current state will be how he remains from here on out. A bit of a shock to everyone. She was pretty worked up about it when I talked to her. She's doing ok, just pissed and sad. I have no idea what's next for him. Time tells.

How am I? Other than feeling all whimpy not too bad. I'm seeing sissypants in the am so that's always a plus. I had a couple voicemail messages about the house which is good too. I'll call them back after I settle down for the day.

As for now, I gotta get back to work.

Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

See what we are spending our money on! To see more details, click here.
Locations of visitors to this page