Monday, December 26, 2005

Merry Christmas...

...better late than never I hear...At this time (12/30 3:50am) I am being kept company by Connor. I am singing him a song that is sure to be a chart topper. "If you're sleepy, you should go back to sleepy." That's the only lyric, but I'm sure if you "laid it down" to a beat it would sell like hotcakes. Also, my cat has joined our party. I hope the neighbors don't call the police.

I started this entry on the 26th.

Greetings from post holiday running!

I'd like to say that everything went very well over Christmas. My Aunt has a gathering at her house every Christmas eve and this year was no different. Well except for my "sissypants", "S", and of course Connor. I was a little off at first but I notice I'm usually off for a little while no matter where I go when there are a few people there. Family or not, I still get that feeling. Once I settled down some and loosened up things went very well. Connor got passed around and I must say that at first he did not like all the strange faces. After the initial shock of him realizing that this was his family he was fine! By the way "D" was with his dad.

Then it came the first "official" Christmas. Santa Clause somehow managed to squeeze down our chimney. No matter, the tree was pretty packed with gifts. The tree by the way was amazing. My "sissypants" takes a lot of time and pride in preparing her tree. Something that I will cherish over our years together. I think everyone was very pleased with their gifts. I know I was. My best gift was seeing "J" get all teary eyed from reading a poem I wrote. She opened it first but I had hoped she would have grabbed it last. I hope it didn't take away from her other gifts.

We had grub at both the parents houses. Lunch at my folks, dinner at hers. Nothing too eventful to report. My mom hooked us all up very nicely. Honestly if she didn't have a single gift I would have been totally content. She has done so much for me and us this year it's incredible and appreciated.

I'm sure if Christmas wasn't 5 days old I would go on in more detail...

The last three days have been full of work. Doing inventory. I hates inventory. We were done counting everything by the end of day two and had all the computer corrections done by 2:30pm the third day. We were hopeful to get out at 3 but it was not until 4. I tell you I'm always looking for the exit of that place. Hurrying home to my sexy mama and our boy is always on my mind.

The 28th was sissypants 30th birthday. Happy birthday day baby! I didn't have much cash at the time so we are going to do some things this weekend. If all goes well we'll be hitting up the movies and dinner tonight. I'm looking forward to some nice, quiet, "us" time. I'd like to take her out for some drinks, but something inside me has turned the "lets go out and party" switch off. Staying at home sounds much better. Am I the one getting old? Yea...that was a 30 joke.

Best quote I read tonight: "On a side note, her death was smoking related, so anyone reading this who has that habit please take my advice and quit. It's a slow, ugly and painful way to die. Don't put your family thru that."
~Gregory Helms

My dad has me all interested in tax time. He thinks we'll get hooked up. That would be super sweet.

As for now Julie has broken up our party and has gotten Connor to quiet down. Since my ass has been handed to me by a 4 month old I need rest. Incase there is a delay between my next posts, Happy New Year.

Later.

I love you Julie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

See what we are spending our money on! To see more details, click here.
Locations of visitors to this page