Wednesday, August 10, 2005

A poem for Connor

From a father to his son

You are so very close to joining us,
and for me my anticipation is no less.
I close my eyes and say words of thanks,
asking for your safety and seeking the best.
My every thought and dream come true,
when I think of you.
These arms wait to hold you close,
and my heart has long ago,
made a spot for you.
It beats your mother’s name,
and grows from yours.
You fill it as I write these words.
I imagine gazing into your eyes,
as I sing you a lullaby.
My voice may not be a gift from heaven,
I will take you instead.
I have been startled from my sleep,
with a smile on my face.
As I laid dreaming,
of the day that we will meet.
Soon you will greet the world,
and make me very proud.
Not because of all that we have been through,
but for all that will come.
I will always be proud of you,
and you shall always have my love,
so say these words,
from a father to his son.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

See what we are spending our money on! To see more details, click here.
Locations of visitors to this page