Friday, February 16, 2007

Thinking aloud with my finger tips

T minus 6 weeks and counting. We have a name picked out. Finally. Turns out to be the name I thought it would be weeks ago. I'm not saying just yet what it is. I'd like it to be a surprise but part of me feels that it should not be. I'll talk w/ my "sissypants" some more on the matter and make a final decision.

Is my blog to personal that it's boring? I don't really care either way. I write here because it makes me feel good. I get something out of it. Then, am I being greedy with my blog? If I didn't get some sort of release (no...not that release) from it I think it would be just a big waste of time. Maybe that's what my blog is, a big waste of time. I do know it's my blog, so take it for what it's worth.

I had a pretty promising interview the other day. I made comparable traveling time. Meaning it took me about the same to get there as it does to get to my current job. However, that was traveling 44. I could only imagine what 44 was like with this snow we just got. Oh yea, news flash, we got some snow. Without taking 44 it would take me at least twice as long to get there. I suggested looking for a house closer to the area if I would happen to take the job. I don't think (by think I mean know) that idea went over well. It'd be a shame to pass up an opportunity to finally work normal hours at a slightly better wage. I have to be offered the job first, so no sense in getting all worked up over a big plate full of nothing.

Speaking of snow, the plan is this weekend to take Connor for his first sled riding adventure. My folks have a little hill in their back yard, so that's where we'll be heading. I haven't done anything fun in the snow in a great number of years. I really looking forward to seeing his face the first time we zip down on a tube. I can always remember enjoying sled riding. I had this plastic orange sled. Thing was a beast. Rode that thing into the ground. I'm sure I'll enjoy myself just as much, if not more. I do know, I'm not looking forward to all the cold that comes with this. If memory serves correctly, I don't ever remember minding the cold. *WARNING* Memory is not what it use to be.

I really wish we had room for a weight machine. I'd use that thing everyday. As it is currently we don't have room for another pair of shoes let alone a weight machine. Well, maybe it's not that bad. Depends on who's shoes we are talking about I guess. Some of us are called big foot and poked at with sticks and hit in the head w/ stones as we check the mail. And that, is just from my wife!

You know what pushes my buttons. There are several people at work that talk as if they own the place. It drives me bonkers. I just want to tell them to shut the fuck up. My number is 2744 and I'm sure they all have a number in their wallet. That's what you are my friends. Nothing more.

I feel as if I have aimlessly paved a road to nowhere. Mission complete.

Later.

I love you Julie

2 Comments:

Blogger Garrett said...

Shit yo, a blog is what you make it! Is it a diary? A brain dump? A linkhaus? Blogs end up with some theme, whether intentionally up front or after the author has felt around a bit. Yours seems to function as a pressure relief valve / diary...it's your blog, no need to worry about justifying it! It could be about kittens and posies, shit...

Hmm...what is the distance if you take 880 to I80? 654 to 15? I've been thinking about a set of black steelies and some winter tires...maybe if you got the job they would be a good investment for the wintertime travel? And, consider that normally it isn't quite so bad...no point in planning for the extremes unless you are a doctor or a first responder...

Sledding...cold...there is a reason kids are thinner and healthier than adults...their bodies being forced to stave off hypothermia for hours and hours in the winter cold = healthy fuckers...I'm all slow and old...I spend 30 minutes shoveling snow and I'm ready to tap out...

I've been in your utility room...me thinks someone needs to purge (what do they say, haven't used it in a year, throw it out or donate it?). Isn't there a bench out there that needs torn out?

Please, give us a detailed example of this button pushing, it sounds interesting...

8:54 AM  
Blogger JW said...

They arent stones they are pebbles!
If you want the name to be a surprise its up to you, it doesnt matter to me either way. I personally like your blog and like Garrett says its yours to do with what you want.

I love you!
Julie

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

See what we are spending our money on! To see more details, click here.
Locations of visitors to this page