Wednesday, January 17, 2007

House hunting

Sometimes you'd be surprised at what you find when your doing something totally different. While just the other day I found a greedy little troll while I was looking at a house. Okay, it wasn't a greedy little troll. It was a real estate agent that apparently housed the greedy little troll in his back pocket or somewhere near the area. Up until then, I thought the guy was pretty cool. Now, I am skeptical.

You see, my wife and I were looking at this house. Which was listed on a website. The price was around $92,000. A lot of money, especially for a house that needed as much work as it did. So about a week goes by and the house appears on the website again for around $76,000. A lot of money, but the price was now in our "offer" area. We were prepared to offer. When I brought this up to the real estate agent, he insisted the price of the house was $92,000. I brought up the fact that I saw this listing on the website. However, all he said was "I don't even know what that web site is."

Call me odd, but why don't you just tell me you're trying to screw me over for an extra $20,000? Did I mention this house was in his wife's name? Imagine that! He's been a class act up until now. A friend of mine has a nice policy that I'm considering picking up, "One strike and your out".

My "sissypants" was feeling a bit stressed or something today about finding a house. All I told her was that some people spend a very long time trying to find the right house. If this is in fact, going to be the last move we make I will take as long as it takes to find "home". There's a huge difference between a house and a home.

I have been content recently with work. They gave me a fifty cent raise instead of the usual twenty five. That's about an extra grand a year. I'll take it.

Been trying to watch what I eat and do some exercising. It is a struggle with so many goodies in the house. I have given up soda ( I will have one if we go out to eat). I also picked up some fish oil taking me up to fish oil, low dose aspirin, and a multivitamin daily. I'd love to get a weight bench but we have no where to stick it. I'd hit that shit up every morning.

Best wishes to K and her family.

I am ready for a new Ozzy Osbourne album. This 5+ years in between new material is bullshit! I hear something is coming out later this year. Bring it on!

We are down to about 9 weeks before our baby girl joins us. I'm starting to get anxious/nervous. Daddy's waiting baby...

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be going now.

Later.

I love you Julie.

2 Comments:

Blogger JW said...

I dont think I would say that I am stressed. Just a little concerned about the amount of room where we are now living and moving not long after having a baby. Other than that I am not stressed about finding a house. As for now we need to find a name for our baby girl.

I love you!
Julie

7:20 AM  
Blogger Shelley-belly said...

John, my real estate agent is awesome!! and they have some nice programs for people who's credit is less than sparkly. Pork Williamson at 1st Choice Realty 570-398-0690. Also, I use this website to search listings and I think it is really comprehensive. http://www.wbvrealestate.com/

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

See what we are spending our money on! To see more details, click here.
Locations of visitors to this page