Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Birthday, flooding, & more

It's been awhile since I've had a weekend so hectic...

I'd like to start by saying I had all intentions of posting on the 2nd. That was Connor's birthday. We planned to have a party at the park where we got married, but it rained. More on the rain in a bit. So the party got canceled. He did end up spending the night at my mom's house. So he hasn't seen everyone to get all his gifts, which at this age I don't really think are all that important. He did get hooked up from us and my folks. More to follow. So a few days late, but Happy Birthday Connor. Daddy loves you.

So the rain that washed out the birthday party did a bit more. It rained a lot here. We've never had any problems with water before. Well later after noon some water was coming into the kitchen so I decided to run down to work and grab a couple pig socks. We use them to contain spills. On my way down, "Sissypants" called and said water was everywhere. When I got home, I could see what she meant. There was a stream of steady water coming out of the laundry room. There wasn't much we could do. We called my mom and she came over and got Connor and Shaina while we did the best we could. After struggling for hours (with the water and the land lady) we eventually called it a night.

The next day brought more of the same. When we got up we got right to it. The biggest problem with the water was that it went under the flooring that was down. What does that mean? That means the flooring had to come up in order to get the water out. I just about had all the flooring up and the land lady calls and says she wants to reuse this soaked shit I'm ripping up. I told her that I wanted nothing to do with that. She's on her own for putting down new shit. Also, around this time the troops started showing up. Julie's folks, my dad, and even G had a cameo. We spent the next several hours operating a small fleet of shop-vacs. Around 5:30 the water was done for.

A special thanks for all the help, and an extra shout out to my folks for watching Connor for two days and Shaina one and for feeding all of us for 2 days.

What else could happen? Well, I'm glad you asked. Rent was due on the third. In our agreement it states that after 3 days the agreement if void. I am usually pretty laid back about it. However, they have not been returning our phone calls which is driving Julie crazy. This in turn, drives me crazy. We'll try again today to get a hold of them and then tomorrow. If I don't hear anything back, on the 7th they will be getting an eviction notice. After doing some research I can tell that this road would take at least a month to travel. A month of falling behind. Once we start on it there is no turning back.

Got some running to do this morning. I'm inquiring about 2 jobs and getting a slow leak fixed on the blazer. After all to quote G, "Your dad works in a tire shop." Yes, yes he does.

Later.

I love you Julie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

See what we are spending our money on! To see more details, click here.
Locations of visitors to this page