Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Boy or girl?

So the word is, baby #2 is on the way. What more can I say? I am overwhelmed with joy just thinking about it. I also can envision all the additional craziness. Bring it on. Yeah, that's easy for me to say because I'm not the one that is home with the wee ones all day. There was a time not so long ago that I would not have even given a thought about being a father. It was something I had given up on. Now I find myself thinking about my second child. When I look back, I get a little choked up about the whole thing. My life is, well like I'm some one else. Here I am, a happily married man, the proud father of a crazy baby boy, a step father of two, and now I wait for baby #2. Life sure is different, for all the right reasons. Just how different is everything? Well, I figure around March we should have a mini van. A mini van!

Connor met G's sisters (Jess) baby the other day. I'd like to call the experience a learning one. What do you call a baby that has mad walking skillz compared to one that is still stumbling home from the bar? That's right, an ass whoopin. Actually, it wasn't that bad. Connor only got roughed up a couple times. Maybe when they visit again in December Connor will have some more skillz and be able to swing a chair or something.

I can envision some more powerful updates in the months to come. Stay tuned. Baby version 2.0 is on the way.


Growing dreams

Never in years times a million,
would I have thought this.
Look at what our first kiss,
has brought us.
A son,
so beautiful and pure.
With each passing day,
he continues to grow.
I see in him,
everything an eye could possibly see.
Opened or closed.
The times of trouble behind us,
we move on.
Life lived with dreams,
that continue grow.
I never imagined being a father.
It is a role I have come to love.
With the passing of time,
time so short,
we will welcome our second child.
I find myself overwhelmed with joy,
I get a chill from within.
From day one to delivery,
I will be here.
Although I love you as I always have,
this will be different.
Baby number two,
boy or girl,
Daddy is here for you.
The mother of my children,
the love of my life,
you have shown me so much,
and given me things that could have no price.
Each day that passes,
I love you more for these gifts.
No matter what you may need,
or ask of me,
you will forever have my heart.

Later.

I love you "Sissypants".

1 Comments:

Blogger JW said...

What can I say? I love you bunches!!

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

See what we are spending our money on! To see more details, click here.
Locations of visitors to this page