Monday, April 03, 2006

The mailbox is yellow.

Yes that's right friends, and it also has bees! So it was such a nice day outside today "sissypants" and myself painted our rusty, neglected mailbox. Our house is kind of weird. It's two house that are joined together. Our house is yellow, the other is blue, both mailboxes were rusty. So I have wanted to paint our mailbox for awhile for a couple different reasons. #1 It looks like shit #2 Yellow house-yellow mailbox, I thought it would be a good identifier other than the house numbers. There are no numbers on the houses. So we painted it up. I did some work to the box. Removed some old labels and did some rust removal. Primed it and spray bombed it yellow. Turned out pretty good except for a little run on the door. Sissypants did fine detailing, as I lack a nack for that sort of thing. She painted some bees on the sides and doors. She also painted the flag (the jobber you raise when you have mail to be picked up) nicely too. Once she was done with all that I put a couple coats of clear coat on it and WA-LA nice shiny mailbox.

I had a great day today. Julie and I went for a walk with Connor and Kida (our pooch). Shaina's dad finally stopped by to spend some time with his daughter. Drew and his friend hung out most the day playing GTA:VC. I tell you on nice days like today I would much rather be outside. Eventually the boys came out and we played catch for a little while. Eventually their "boyish" behavior turned me off of it and Julie and I took Connor to the house and began to work on the already mentioned mailbox.

All this happened in part because Julie's brother didn't show up. You see Shaina's birthday was Friday and we had a party Saturday. Let me tell you, a small house is not the place for a large party. People were there I didn't know, people there that I did expect, and the best of all people there I didn't want there. My friend Jamie and his wife Rachel and their kids were there. Nice right? Well Jamie took off to go fishing after about 5 minutes. I can't say I blame him. He made sure to rub in the fact that he may be getting stung by one of those buzzing bees along the way. Not enough chairs for all the asses. No major drama. I was not comfortable what so ever. I felt like I was being invaded and there was nothing I could do about it. Just think, that's how life really use to be...

Baseball season in full swing Monday.

We have some running around in the morning to do. Time to take back this worthless punching bag. Up next? A weight bench perhaps!

I'm glad I took sometime to update this tonight. I rather enjoy it.

Later.

I love you Julie.

1 Comments:

Blogger JW said...

Yesterday was a realy nice day, more like a great day! Kissy kiss!!

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

See what we are spending our money on! To see more details, click here.
Locations of visitors to this page