Monday, April 17, 2006

What's in your egg?

The bunny hops in,
the baskets are empty.
The bunny hops out,
the baskets are full of candy.
Damn you bunny!

Just kidding about that last line. Belated Happy Easter everyone. It was by far, the most enjoyable Easter I have ever had. First of all the weekend was a day longer which means a extra night of sleeping by the one I love. I can not tell you how wonderful it feel to be able to open my eyes when the night has come and see my "sissypants" laying there. Anyways, Easter is Julie's holiday. She wanted to prepare a feast for the masses, which is exactly what happened. Both sets of folks were there along with my two uncle's Rick & Frank and of course the 5 of us. I have written about Frank before and will do so a little later on. Everything was good. Shout outs to the moms for bringing baked corn (my mom, and long time favorite of mine) and chocolate pudding pies (J's mom and oh so good). Lets just say I felt like a stuffed turkey when I was done. All I wanted to do was go to sleep. Which I did do around 4.

So my Uncle Frank is a little bit "different". I couldn't really tell you what or why, I just know he is the way he is and has always been that way. The last few times I've seen him he's been carrying a notebook around. I remember asking him what was in the notebook and he said he was just writing. Then come today and somehow the notebook was brought up again. I may have asked, I don't remember. Anyway he kind of spaced out and went on this rant about the stuff inside being all doom and gloomy. So some time passes and we end up outside together and he read something out of it. I would call it a poem. He would not, because it didn't have any kind of form. My poetry doesn't have a form either. I noticed a couple things when he was reading. The fist thing I noticed was he didn't have many scribble marks. Like he got everything down right the first time. The second thing I noticed was that he is deeply troubled. In lots of pain. Society and government is really on his mind a lot for all they don't do. I felt pretty special that he chose to share with me and Julie. I learned a long time ago a pen and paper can do a lot for a persons mind.

After my nap I woke up with a head ach, which quickly subsided with the aid of some pills. I spent some time with Julie, Connor and Shaina. Drew spent the night next door. Around 8:30 I had to fulfill what I wrote on an Easter egg for Julie. That being, I had a surprise for her. You see I took this plastic Easter egg and painted it black. Why? I like black! Then I painted a heart on it. I did all this earlier in the day. I went out and placed something I bought about a month ago in it. "It" being an engagement ring. I went out and watched her as she opened it. I placed the ring on her finger and asked the question I once thought I would not get the opportunity to ask. As luck would have it, she accepted. She even got teary eyed which melted my heart. For many reasons I thought I would never find myself in this situation again. I confess to all of you, the situation is not the same.

Later.

I love you Julie.

1 Comments:

Blogger JW said...

This was the best Easter ever!
I love you very much sweetie. The ring is beautiful!!

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

See what we are spending our money on! To see more details, click here.
Locations of visitors to this page