Wednesday, April 18, 2007

This will take 5 minutes or so...

Yea, if I paid more frequent visits to the blog, they'd be shorter.

It's no secret I've been trying to find a new job. I'm sure if I looked back through the blog I could maybe put some sort of time frame on it. I'm going to say around two years. In those two years I took a job for a day through a temp agency and gave it a try. It made me realize just why working production is no fun. I've had jobs offered to me, but tuned them down. The reasons were mostly all the same. Pay sucked, benefits sucked, or both.

Then recently I was offered a job that paid slightly better than I made now, but I just wasn't feeling the job. I had told them I would take the job, but after thinking on it for a week I decided it wasn't "it". While I was thinking about the job I would later turn down, I had an interview for a position that really sounds like my cup of tea. To boot the pay was pretty good and the benefits matched. Did I mention the hours are 7am-3-pm? That's right, normalcy. It is a bit of a drive, but you know what? I don't mind a good trip.

So I start there on 4/30. My last night where I am is 4/26. Not so far away. I find it amazing that so many people that I've seen everyday for the past 4 years (almost) all of the sudden want to know what I'm doing. Is it wrong that I didn't come in and spout off about how I was leaving and every one could go to hell? I don't think so. I told who I needed to tell. Now, every body is asking me this or that. Here's the main question I hear.

Why are you leaving? Why am I leaving? What's your fucking name anyway? Steve? Well Steve, did you know for the past 4 years (almost) we've called you douche bag back here? Anyway, there are a few reasons. First, at this point in my life working nights has worn out its welcome. There was a time when I would look forward to going to work at night. Hell who wouldn't? There I was with good friends and smoking an once of pot a week. Those days, are no more.

The hours aside, the place in general sucks. I make, what I would say is the bottom end of ok money. I didn't reach that though, until this year. I've never seen a company care so less. There is no structure here and it's enough to drive some one who cares absolutely fucking crazy. How do you move up when the company doesn't promote much from within? I don't know how some of the people that have been here so long, doing what they are doing, don't loose it.

I care, I can't help it. I have never, tried for so long to get out of a place...

I believe my family life will benefit from the added normalcy. Going to bed at night time? Eating supper at supper time? Seeing everyone for more than a couple hours a day? All these have been foreign to me for far too long.

I certainly feel ready for this change of jobs. Its as if weight has been lifted from my shoulders. Which feels pretty good considering how much getting a house weighs on me. There's been bad news for us sub primers (no relation to Optimus). Basically if your credit score is below 600 you're F'd in the A. Since the mortgage industry is in shambles as far as I'm concerned, creditors won't lend with out some major cash down and ass raping interest. This is all very bad for me. My credit score is very close to 600 now. Trust me, 4 months ago 600 was off in the distance. So I've been kicking around the idea w/ just waiting until next income tax. By then my credit score will be well above 600, I'd have about a year in with my new salary, we'd have a fresh batch of refund money, and I would be approved for a higher amount. We'll keep our eyes open for a sweet deal, but if nothing comes along this plan sounds good.

How's my baby girl? Well when she's not looking at you as if she's going to kick your face in, she's adorable. Seriously this little girl has some mean looks. She must get that from her dad. She's doing very well. I think she looks like a fat cat when she's on her back. She's go these little arms and legs and this wide torso. So beautiful. She fell asleep on me this morning after fussing with my "sissypants". I love when she will say to me, "She just wanted her daddy."

How's my baby boy? Looking more and more like a little boy everyday. He's pretty much out of control. In mostly a good way. He's really digging a few kid shows now. Blue's Clues, Zaboomafu, Back yardigans, are the main three I think. He also like Spongebob. I never gave Spongebob a chance until I was a friend's house and the snail, Gary, meowed. I remember saying, "Did that snail just meow"? I know my boy will love having a house w/ more room so he can go even crazier. Daddy's trying buddy...

My wife is doing very well. She still doesn't feel 100% but she's getting there. In fact she has her first check up since having the baby today. I really hope it goes well for her. At this point any kind of set back would bring her down, and I do not want that. I'm still looking forward to having a night out w/ my baby. We need to kick that shit old school!

Shaina is a walking hospital visit. At least since I've been in the picture it seems that way. She broke a toe a few days ago now. I keep telling Julie that she needs calcium. That, and she needs to be careful and pay more attention. A little of both go a long way.

Drew, where do I begin? The boy is in great danger of failing. We went through this last year and he pulled through. However, this year looks much more bleak. I tried talking about this and it didn't get very far. In fact, we had a bit of a tiff about it. That was "dramor" related. Is it wrong for me to want him to do well? Is it wrong for me to see thing as they are? I don't think it is. We'll see what June brings.

Ozzy Osbourne new album "Black Rain" out May 22nd. I'm pre ordering.

Go Yankees!

Later.

I love you Julie.

1 Comments:

Blogger Garrett said...

"Why are you leaving? Why am I leaving? What's your fucking name anyway? Steve?"

I started laughing out loud at this point.

Nice post!

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

See what we are spending our money on! To see more details, click here.
Locations of visitors to this page