Monday, October 23, 2006

I continue...

...as we all must.

She's growing ya know? Tonight my "Sissypants" noticed her body beginning to change. I noticed this earlier but wasn't going to say a word. What's that, I'm a pussy? You think maybe I wanted denutted? Anyway, our little girl is growing and soon my misses will hear the words she needs to hear from the doctor to put her mind at ease. I'm sure of it. How could she not with all this love we have for our daughter already? She's going to be daddy's little girl and that thought just makes me grin. Reflecting back (I guess I do that because it gives me a great perspective on things), I never imagined having a son or a daughter not so long ago. Now look at me. I have a fussy little boy that I love with all my heart and a little girl taking to life more and more with each second. I love it, I really do. For the record, if the ultrasound guy turned out to be wrong I'll have an interesting blog that day!

Speaking of Connor, all is as it should have always been. One of the more painful chapters of my life has been closed now. No matter how much you make yourself not think about something, you still do think about it. I was slapped in the face with this and faced it with tears. Here we all are Hedghogs. Anyway, my mom says Connor is Dutch because you can't understand what he's saying. His little lips do flap quite a bit. However I disagree with my mom on this one. Sure most of what he says is baby jibberish, but some is not. I will put it in the books that his first words were mom and dad, just like a good boy. However, the words of choice are: See it, See that, What's that. I'm sure more often than not he has no idea what he's saying. All the time though, I don't know. He'll point at stuff and say "see that" or "what's that" or "see it". If we're lucky we are treated to a "see that shit". Yes, mommy and daddy need to work on our vocabulary.

I'm not the best step dad on earth, but I am certainly working on it.

Tomorrow I start my Lowe's job. I'm not really nervous. I would say I'm excited and ready! All I want to do is go in and get out.

I had some concerns about not being able to go trick or treating this year (6pm-8pm) because of needing some sleep. You know what? I'm not going to miss it. I'm sorry for even thinking I would Julie. I'll be there. Not because I have to, but because to me that's what good daddy's do.

I'm starting to get my very own red dots on the map. Awesome.

G has his car just about ready to roll and I'm very happy for him. Good job dude! I can tell he's happy and excited. He's the only person that I know that would get into such a project without having any notches on his belf about it before hand. That brain of yours is a gift to you.

My dog is currently sporting "the cone". She looks so unhappy. I think I'll post a picture of her! That should cheer her up.

Now, where were those help wanted ads...

Later.

I love you Julie.

2 Comments:

Blogger JW said...

I am glad to hear you wont to go trick or treating with us. As for the ultrasound guy he better have been right. As for you, I love you bunches!!

11:28 PM  
Blogger JW said...

TYPO- wont=want!! Sorry.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

See what we are spending our money on! To see more details, click here.
Locations of visitors to this page