Monday, June 06, 2011

How many #2...

I was looking back over my post on how many cars I've had and I thought it would be "neat" to list the jobs I've had since graduating in 1996. By the way, 15 year high school reunion was canceled due to a poor turn out. I was looking forward to being the drunkest fucker there...

Bastian Tires Sales 1996-1998 Note: Dad calls me up 3 day before graduating "Want a job?" Yes I say...2 years was more than enough.

Shop-Vac 1998-2002 Note: 4 years of weight loss, ass busting, and getting shit on daily. Outties.

First Quality 2002-2003 Note: 9 month gig of stacking boxes. To boot, after 9 months they tell me to cut my hair. I tell them where to go.

David R. Webb Co. 2003-2007 Note: I was out of work for about 3 months when this came along. I enjoyed it. My first job in parts!

Lowe's 2006-2007 Note: Part time job I had for about 6 months. Note bad, but got burned out. Sold the house I had with the ex, so I didn't need to do it any more!

Andritz 2007 Note: Accepted this position for the fact it paid more & was first shift. Had it 3 months then they decided to downsize. Get shit canned the day before we were moving.

Grizzley 2007 Note: Temp job, worked it for 2 weeks when I realized I could do something else...

PCS 2007 - Present Note: Some friends of mine biz. Left Grizzley and started working there. At that time I was getting 30 hours a week there plus unemployment. Today I only get a few hours, but it is still nice to be able to help out friends when need & make a little extra cheddar in the process.

Brodart 2008-2011 Note: Traffic Coordinator. Started out shitty but once I spoke up and everyone saw the light it was a good job. The company didn't do much for you in terms of benefits but it was close to home. Too bad they cut our hours and too bad the company survives on educational funding. In 10 years will they still be open? I don't think so. Had to take my show on the road.

Quality Carriers 2011 Note: Dispatch Manager. Up to this point you can see I've had a few jobs. I can not remember having a job I hated this much. Poorly run company from top to bottom.

Kellogg's 2011 Note: Parts Dept. This is where I am now. Other than the drive I can't complain too much. Back to the night shift...where it all began.

Do I expect to be on my last journey? My track record says no, and so do I. I just do not understand how some folks can do the same job for years and years. My father has worked for the same employer since 1976 & my mother the same since 1978.

Later.

I love you Julie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

See what we are spending our money on! To see more details, click here.
Locations of visitors to this page