Sunday, December 05, 2010

Second time around

Well, I had the pleasure of seeing Ozzy twice this year. Once at Ozzfest, then on 12/3 in NJ at the IZOD Center (which I will forever call the Contential Airlines Arena). I did not realize until the day of the show, that it was Ozzy's birthday day. This kicked my already geared up ass into another.

G & my "Sissypants" were along this time. G was gracious enough to not only drive, but to allow us to use the Prius. Thanks G!

We had pretty decent seats, although they were not what I was expecting. The opening act was Halford. No disrespect intended, but seeing him at Ozzfest was enough. The second time around didn't really float my boat, although some lads in front of us & to the right were rather enjoying his set.

To me, any Ozzy show is a good show. I have seen the man in concert 19 times now dating back to 1996. Ozzfest this year & this show have been the two best shows in recent memory. I managed to see one I've never seen live before in Killer of Giants. This is an amazing song live & I'm thankful I had the chance to see it. Why, for all those years with Zakk they never played anything from "The Ultimate Sin" album is beyond me. Other highlights in my eyes were: Faries Wear Boots, Into the Void, NIB, No More Tears. You just don't hear his solo band play this shit every show! The set list in no particular order:

War Pigs
NIB
Iron Man
Fairies Wear Boots
Into the Void
Paranoid
Rat Salad (Band Jam)
I Don't Know
Mr. Crowley
Suicide Solution
Crazy Train
Bark at the Moon
Killer of Giants (This was a first for me)
Shot in the Dark
Fire in the Sky
I Don't Want to Change the World
Mama I'm coming Home
Road to Nowhere
No More Tears
Scream

20 fucking great Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath songs performed on the man's 62nd birthday. There was a point in the show wear they stopped the show & some folks from behind the curtain came out with a cake and we ALL sang Happy Birthday. As I said, I have been to 19 concerts, once on a birthday. This show, will be with me for a very long time.

Until next year, thanks Ozzy!

Later.

I love you Julie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

See what we are spending our money on! To see more details, click here.
Locations of visitors to this page