Sunday, July 11, 2010

Empty evening

My wife has spent most of our married life being a stay at home mom. With the cost of child care it would be ridiculous for us to both work and basically one of us working for nothing more than paying a babysitter/day care. She has worked jobs here and there. The deli, the hotel, the factory, and now the retail store. The latest is third shift, a shift I have spent almost my entire working life working. Up until about 3 years ago that is. This is not the first time we have been down this road.

I am sitting here while I should be trying to sleep. Our children are camping in there room in a tent they made out of a blanket. My step-daughter is away at camp for a week. I, wrote this with hopes it would ease my mind for tonight...

Empty evening

An evening without you by my side,
fills me with an emptiness I can not hide.
I miss you while you are gone,
and I miss you while you sleep.
Although I know we are in a time of need,
my need for you will never recede.
In your nights I hope you find the time,
to fill your mind with thoughts of you and I.
I will forever be yours,
and you mine.
Until we next meet,
I love you for all of time.

I love you Julie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

See what we are spending our money on! To see more details, click here.
Locations of visitors to this page