Wednesday, February 20, 2008

All good things...




Tomorrow would have been my grandfathers birthday. I say would, because he passed away this evening. Probably no more than one hour ago. I am saddened to see him leave us. I witnessed as he struggled and fought for something that was obviously out of his control, and reach. This man that I have always looked at with a certain amount of pride and admiration had lost the battle of time right before my eyes. I am thankful that I was able to say my peace with him. I am thankful that I was able to connect with my father, as that does not happen often if ever. My greatest pain comes from knowing my grandfathers humor will only be taught to my children through stories and tales. Tales that are true. A promise I made, and intend to keep. I find comfort in knowing his physical pain is no longer. I can only imagine the mental pain someone suffers through while their body fails them, so I find comfort in knowing his mind is at rest. I also find comfort in knowing my father said his peace with him before it was too late. I am sure it would have been something that my father would have regretted for the rest of his days if he had not done so.

Rest in peace John Farren Hedglin. We love you and will miss you forever.

...come to an end.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

I am thankful I was able to be there for you and I am very sorry for your loss. He was a great man. He was the kind of person that just seeing him could make you smile.

I love you!!!
Julie

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

See what we are spending our money on! To see more details, click here.
Locations of visitors to this page