Sunday, December 23, 2007

Parking lot observations...

...from a man to frightened to enter the madness that was Wal-Mart.

It is true I stayed in the van with the little ones. We parked where most people would elect to drive around for 5 minutes to find a spot 5 spaces closer to the door. Here are some of the things that I noticed.

First off the traffic lanes mean nothing to most people. If they can cut through the parking spaces to save 10 seconds, then they will. I witnessed countless people doing this. It brings back bad memories. You see not to long ago, in a land not so far away, I was driving through the mall parking lot, following the traffic lanes. I had a couple friends with me that I hadn't seen in years (or much after) cruising in my newly repainted 1979 Oldsmobile (I loved that car). In fact, I had only had it out of the shop for a total of 4 hours. Anyways, we were driving and my friend says to me "Hey, is that guy gonna stop?" Then as I glance over, I see a mini van introducing itself to my car. The driver was an older fellow. I was pretty pissed. In the end, I had to fight with the insurance company not to scrap the car and ended up with a new paint job after only 4 hours. So I say to you, take the extra 2 minutes and follow all the traffic lanes you lazy fuckers.

You want me to do what with my shopping cart? Yes, can you believe that people are so "pressed" for time that they can't wheel their little carts to those parking stalls? I only saw one person do this. They looked perfectly healthy, maybe early 40's driving a nice looking SUV. They unloaded in good fashion, it was a team effort. The woman would get the items out of the cart and hand them to the man who then put them in the back of said SUV. After the final package was placed they hopped in and drove away. But wait, what's that in the middle of 2 parking spaces? A shopping cart?!?!? Well I guess I can't park in EITHER one of those spaces now if I wanted to. Merry Christmas, asshole.

The last thing I noticed was a route in the traffic lanes that saves time, but isn't so obvious just at first glance. All I can say is if you want to wait in a line of traffic that moves slow then continue to do the norm. If you want to get out with no lane, take a look around at ALL the traffic options available to you. I noticed, and will travel that way when ever it is madness.

Later.

I love you Julie.

1 Comments:

Blogger Garrett said...

O_o

Nice post, I completely agree!

My Pet Peeves:

#1 - People who endlessly drive around a parking rather than just parking at a decent spot with good access and walking an EXTRA FIFTEEN SECONDS. Fucking retards.

#2 - People who wildly cut through parking lots with no regard for the lines painted within. Seriously, are those extra five seconds worth it? Does moving the steering wheel consist of more effort than you're willing to exert? I can see clipping a corner of some empty spots here or there, but sailing through at a 45' angle? Fucking retards.

#3 - Idiots who can't spend the 15 seconds to walk the cart back. Only slightly behind idiots who can't insert their cart into the existing cart. Fucking retards.

#4 - People who insist on following the other 20 people down to the front of the store to find that one parking spot THAT DOESN'T EXIST. That and dropping grandma off at the door, if she can't handle walking from the middle of the parking lot to the front door, how is she doing to handle getting around the store?!?! All you are doing is further congesting an already chaotic traffic mess. Fucking retards.

#5 - The 84% of Americans who shop at WalMart every year and haven't yet watched this movie: http://www.walmartmovie.com/ ...with apologizes to pretty much everyone I know: Fucking retards. ;)

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

See what we are spending our money on! To see more details, click here.
Locations of visitors to this page